Henry's Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Radiation Officially Begun

Henry had his spinal tap yesterday and all went well. Today he had his first radiation treatment, so I guess, barring further delays, we're counting down 6-and-a half weeks from today.

Henry has stepped up to the plate and has brought back his mature, determined self. Mama reports to Dad with such obvious pride and admiration it makes the heart glow.

Henry's Godmother visited today and they all went to the Bigfoot Cafe for lunch. Mama, however, got on the wrong side of some Chinese food last night and has felt dreadful all day.

Back at the Ronald McDonald House (where Henry and Mama were transferred last week), a volunteer group is hosting a Civil Rights version of Jeopardy tonight. Born in Montgomery, Alabama, the seat of the civil rights movement, Henry should fare pretty well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HENRY, I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE YOUR OLD SELF AGAIN--ALTHOUGH I DOUBT THAT ANY SELF YOU MIGHT ASSUME WOULD NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH. THE GOING HAS BEEN ROUGH--I THINK IT'S A GOOD THING THAT YOU CAN ESPRESS YOUR FEELINGS SO WELL. I WANT TO MEET JACK AND SEE YOU ALL. I KNOW YOU COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHO I AM--BUT I KNOW YOU AND YOUR PARENTS.. I LOVED YOUR MERE AS A SISTER & LOVE YOUR MOTHER AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO LOVES HER. WE WILL GET TO BE BUDDIES AS SOON AS THE TRIP TO THE BEACH HAPPENS--SOON, I HOPE. JUST KEEP ON BEING YOUR WONDERFUL SELF. ALL MY LOVE, NORMA

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home