Henry's Blog

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Epilogue

Dolphin Head

Henry's Blog will remain up to serve as a loving tribute and a place where visitors may leave wishes and remembrances for Henry. Beyond that, the future of this blog remains uncertain. The journey of Mama and Dad trying to build a living, loving, lifelong tribute is another story...one perhaps best not told here.

Many of the cards and letters we have received included heartfelt poems, tales, and quotations meant to console us. Many of these have touched us deeply, but one oft-told little story zeroed in to our feelings about Henry and his place in the cosmos:

I stood watching as the little ship sailed out to sea.
The setting sun tinted his white sails with a golden light,
and as he disappeared from sight a voice at my side whispered...

"He is gone."

But the sea was a narrow one. On the farther shore
a little band of friends had gathered to watch
and wait in happy expectation.
Suddenly they caught sight of the tiny sail and
at the very moment when my companion had whispered "He is gone,"
a glad shout went up in joyous welcome...

"Here he comes!"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very beautiful quote... I can see how appropriate it is, the description of the tiny sail, tinted golden by the sun, slips away, just as he arrives.

jc

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful spot to come to and I very much like to read about the little ship. That's a lovely story.
Caroline

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just was thinking about you Henry. I know that you are in a better place but you are greatly missed.

Ms. Alisa

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you see how I miss you so?
Can't believe your wanting to go,
'Cause I just don't know how to make myself
Let you go.

And I still can't seem to find
A simple way to say goodbye.
I'm not the kind for regret.
Was there something I wanted to forget?
Either way you'd already made up your mind.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop by and send my best wishes to you... letting you know you are aways in my thoughts and prayers !

jjc

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Le Petite Prince...

I just finished a book that helped make sense of the senseless things that happen to people. Had God halted Henry's pain he would never have existed and brought you joy. The book is called The Shack.
kathleen sanz

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of Henry's friends from third grade. Henry is a great friend. I shall miss him greatly. I cannot imagine what you, as his parents, are going through. God be with you. You are in my prayers.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home